Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 offers organizations with complex organizational structures a flexible financial reporting solution. Management Reporter supports the creation of statutory and operational reports based on general ledger data and is the recommended solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Management Reporter is used for the creation, distribution and analysis of financial statements and other financial reports and is included in the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 solution.
Management Reporter empowers decision makers to provide real-time insights into organizational results allowing business users to take action and align employee behavior with overall goals.
Some of the key benefits of Management Reporter include:
- Direct integration with the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 general ledger (GL) -- no need to create a custom connection to the primary data source.
- Ability to build custom reports based on Microsoft Dynamics AX ledger accounts and dimensions – with the ability to slice general ledger information into Rows, Columns, or Hierarchies to get insight into actionable information. Robust formatting helps highlight key areas on a report and create boardroom quality reports.
- Financial data mart for optimized performance -- The Management Reporter data mart holds the necessary financial data needed for financial reporting. Data from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is continuously moved to the data mart. The data mart is optimized for financial reporting and with proper report design helps increase performance of financial report generation.
- Increase productivity with familiar tools - Get people up and running quickly with a familiar interface based on Microsoft Office. Generate reports automatically to monitor performance in real time, close books quickly, and help improve decision-making across the organization.
- Drill-down capabilities -- Generate summary-level reports with the capability to drill down to account-level and transaction-level details without having to generate separate reports. Supports drill from account and budget balances on a report to related information in Microsoft Dynamics AX if more information on a specific transaction is needed.
- Consolidate the way you need to see it – Create consolidated financial reports across companies or business units; interoperate with Microsoft Excel® to support importing consolidation data from other sources, and translate into an unlimited number of reporting currencies without having to run the consolidation process in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Enhanced collaboration and sharing - Improve communication across the organization by distributing reports to multiple locations, including Microsoft SharePoint® or any network location, and schedule reports for generation on a periodic basis.
- Interactive, intuitive web-based report viewing -- Drive decisions from the report data that’s delivered in an interactive web based report viewing experience.
Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics AX Financial Management.